At LinuxDay in Milan this 25th October I will present the project “Open Source Linux PowerPC notebook” and I want to join together passionate peoples that want to make happen a new open source powerpc notebook will be produced soon. I believe with this project to meets the needs of a relatively small but vigorous community of enthusiasts.
My passion on innovation and for this project have already motivated a producer to start to design the mobo of this PowerPC Notebook.
To make it produced and designed near our needs your participation make the difference.
Here some guide lines of this PowerPC notebook:
- Open (community involvement in development)
- Upgradeable (MXM video card, RAM, SDD / HDD, etc)
- Italian motherboard design (we hope to be produced and assembled in Italy)
- Power/powerpc architecture last generation (64-bit advanced altivec, multi tread)
- For gaming (virtualization of Wii / WiiU, ps3, xbox360, we are searching developers)
- Virtualization macosx powerpc (now also runs virtualized Macsox 10.4.x)
- Power/powerpc gnu/linux server virtualization for professionals
If you want to join and strengthen the “PowerPC Notebook Team” check the PowerPC notebook website.